Recipe by breezermom
This dish can be prepared and on the table in under an hour. I love feta cheese, and the drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar just before serving really sets this recipe up! Quick and easy, but delicious! Credit goes to Lisa Herbert.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious and very flavorful! DH and I thoroughly enjoyed this chicken tonight - nice and light, but packed with flavor. I only had regular feta, so I mixed in some sundried tomatoes and basil and made my own version of the filling/topping. I had a very large chicken breast so I halved it and then halved each piece again to make 4 pieces -- they were thin enough to not have to pound. Baked the chicken for about 35 minutes and served it with some seasoned green beans on the side. Made for PRMR, December, 2013.
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 6-oz breasts)
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled tomato and basil feta cheese, divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, italian seasoned
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Place a tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese on each chicken breast; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Coat with the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining feta cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Combine the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and drizzle over the chicken. Discard the toothpicks. Garnish with sliced plum tomatoes and fresh basil.