Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This dish can be prepared and on the table in under an hour. I love feta cheese, and the drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar just before serving really sets this recipe up! Quick and easy, but delicious! Credit goes to Lisa Herbert.
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 6-oz breasts)
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled tomato and basil feta cheese, divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, italian seasoned
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- fresh basil leaf
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Place a tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese on each chicken breast; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Coat with the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining feta cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Combine the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and drizzle over the chicken. Discard the toothpicks. Garnish with sliced plum tomatoes and fresh basil.
Delicious and very flavorful! DH and I thoroughly enjoyed this chicken tonight - nice and light, but packed with flavor. I only had regular feta, so I mixed in some sundried tomatoes and basil and made my own version of the filling/topping. I had a very large chicken breast so I halved it and then halved each piece again to make 4 pieces -- they were thin enough to not have to pound. Baked the chicken for about 35 minutes and served it with some seasoned green beans on the side. Made for PRMR, December, 2013.
What a great way to use up items I normally have on hand in my kitchen, and make them taste fresh and new. Loved it!
We really enjoyed this dish! I like the fact that it bakes in the oven while the rest of the meal is prepared. I served with small boiled potatoes (skin-on) turned in butter and basil. When cleaning up after the meal, I saw my little bowl with the olive oil/balsamic vinegar sitting there!! ;-0 So I can attest that the chickent is still very good without this drizzled on top