Recipe by Cadillacgirl
This is from "Can-Am Cooks", from the Can-Am world police and fire games. Posted for ZWT #6!
Top Review by Annacia
Not only is this delicious but it's a terrific lunch when the power is out, lol. I can only echo the other reviews and add that I'll be enjoying it again soon as I still have two ripe avocados. :D
- 2⁄3 cup feta (small cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper (short slivers)
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar (or cider)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine feta, red pepper, green onion, olives, oregano, olive oil and vinegar, stir well, and set aside. (this can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated until about an hour before serving).
- Just before serving, cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove the pit and discard.
- Brush the surface of the pulp with lemon juice, fill the cavities with the stuffing mix and serve immediately!