Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from "Can-Am Cooks", from the Can-Am world police and fire games. Posted for ZWT #6!
- 2⁄3 cup feta (small cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper (short slivers)
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar (or cider)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine feta, red pepper, green onion, olives, oregano, olive oil and vinegar, stir well, and set aside. (this can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated until about an hour before serving).
- Just before serving, cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove the pit and discard.
- Brush the surface of the pulp with lemon juice, fill the cavities with the stuffing mix and serve immediately!
Not only is this delicious but it's a terrific lunch when the power is out, lol. I can only echo the other reviews and add that I'll be enjoying it again soon as I still have two ripe avocados. :D
Just delicious! After taking photos, I diced my avocado in it's shell and flipped it out for easier eating. The flavors are wonderful together...passing this recipe on to friends!
Wow Cadillacgirl, was this recipe good, thank you so much for sharing. I really enjoyed the avocado prepared this way, I had them for breakfast this morning. It was perfect, full of lovely flavors and textures, was filling without being heavy and was good for me to boot. I did use fresh oregano instead of dried and my black olives were stuffed with garlic, other than that made the recipe as written. I really enjoyed the zip from the raspberry vinegar, it rounded it all off perfectly. Made for ZWT9