Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a cookbook called "The Everyday Gourmet" and the recipes are always unusual. This is no exception and makes an interesting starter course. Hope you enjoy.
- 2⁄3 cup small cubes feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup short slivers sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives (preferably Kalamata)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine feta, red pepper, green onions, olives, oregano, oil and vinegar.
- Stir well and set aside.
- This can be made ahead to this point, covered and refrigerated until about 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, carefully cut the avocados in half lengthwise.
- Remove the pit.
- With a fork, scrape the cavity a little to loosen the pulp and make cavity more rounded.
- Brush surfaces with the lemon juice.
- Fill with the feta mixture and serve immediately.
LOVED this! Makes a nice light summer meal with a salad. Followed recipe as is, except used fresh oregano. Will make this again!
Wow, this one is a keeper, and a good alternative to Greek salad for those of us who find the latter a bit too strident! I used yellow pepper because I had it on hand, worked well. I found I had about a half cup of the feta mixture left over, so it went into DD's lunch box the next day.
Unfortunatley my avo did not taste really god but I am still giving this recipe 5 Stars because I can just imagine how good this would taste (provided all ingredients are up to scratch). I had this as dinner with toast and it was wonderful. Will definatley make this again soon. Thank you so much for posting!