Recipe by waynejohn1234
This is from a cookbook called "The Everyday Gourmet" and the recipes are always unusual. This is no exception and makes an interesting starter course. Hope you enjoy.
- 2⁄3 cup small cubes feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup short slivers sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives (preferably Kalamata)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine feta, red pepper, green onions, olives, oregano, oil and vinegar.
- Stir well and set aside.
- This can be made ahead to this point, covered and refrigerated until about 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, carefully cut the avocados in half lengthwise.
- Remove the pit.
- With a fork, scrape the cavity a little to loosen the pulp and make cavity more rounded.
- Brush surfaces with the lemon juice.
- Fill with the feta mixture and serve immediately.