Recipe by Dancer^
I make these often, and always a week or 2 ahead. They may be baked, covered with foil, and frozen. Thaw at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake squares at 350°F for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (12 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cheeses at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs at low speed, one at a time, until blended.
- Stir in dill, salt, and pepper.
- Cut each pastry sheet into a 13x9-inch rectangle.
- Stack 8 pastry sheets in a lightly greased 13x9-inch pan, brushing with butter between sheets.
- Spread with cheese mixture; top with 4 more sheets, and brush with butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.