Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tasty recipe combines smooth feta cheese with wonderfully aromatic flavours and is quick and easy to make too. Serve as part of a mezze platter. Serves 8 as an appetizer.
- 1 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- In a food processor or blender pulse together the feta, basil, honey, peppercorns and dried basil until combined.
- Gradually add the olive oil and lemon juice, pulsing after each addition until the mixture is dense but spreadable.
- Scoop out onto to a serving plate, garnish with lemon zest, and serve as part of a mezze selection with toasted ciabatta.
Different tastes blend well together. I did use fresh basil and it was great. I also