Recipe by Lightly Toasted
I delicious, easier-than-it looks dip. Great way to prepare a spread ahead of time (using the lined bowl as a mold, then getting rid of the bowl when firm--saves frige space)
Top Review by evelyn/athens
We don't have the flavoured fetas here in Greece (are you surprised?), and I think that may have been my problem. When I whipped this up with plain feta, it was tasty, but not what I wanted. I added a garlic clove and some minced dill and that made it wonderful!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese (softened)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato (or any flavor that you like)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in food processor, and process until smooth.
- Line a large bowl with plastic wrap.
- Spoon mixture into bowl, and level off.
- Pull ends of plastic wrap over spread, so that it is all covered.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Once it has firmed back up, you can remove it from the bowl to save room in your frige, until serving time.
- Unwrap and place on a platter.
- Serve with breadsticks, or a hearty cracker.