Recipe by MNLisaB
This sounds divine and I will be making this next weekend, a low carber's dream, spinach and cheese stuffed salmon. From a low carb chef's posting from Food Network. If desired, you could add roasted red pepper slices to the filling.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced,including green
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 lb salmon fillet, skin and bones removed,cut into 2 even pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and feta, mashing and stirring with a fork until well blended.
- Add the scallions and spinach and combine well.
- Spread the 2 pieces of salmon with olive oil, top and bottom.
- Spread the spinach and cheese mixture evenly over one salmon fillet, will be 3/4 inch thick.
- Top with the second salmon fillet, and carefully place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until easily flaked.