Doxie lover in the Rock 2's Note:
I had these once in a diner in Islep, Long Island, right by the airport. I was visiting family in Jersey and will probably never be back to that airport and begged the cook for the recipe. He gave it to me, and I have been making it since. It reheats well, and my friends at work love it! It tastes better with farm fresh eggs, but cage-free are my second choice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place eggs and salt, pepper, and half and half in blender and mix. You could hand beat, but I like it really fluffy.
- 2Place butter in large non-stick saute pan and add spinach on medium high heat. Stir just until limp and dark green. Decrease heat to medium-low.
- 3Space limp and dark green spinach evenly across pan, and carefully pour eggs over the top. Sprinkle with feta immediately and cover to cook omelet.
- 4Everyone has their own omelet technique, and basically you need to flip or turn the eggs when they turn slightly brown until cooked. To those who mess up in the omelet phase, have no fear, these taste great scrambled as well!
- 5I don't like brown on my omelet, so I lift edges and tilt pan to let the runny egg under to cook. When there is no more loose egg mixture, I then flip it and cook until it starts to brown a bit. Remove and eat!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta Spinach Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.3
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 580.1 mg
- Sodium 661.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 22.2 g