Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had these once in a diner in Islep, Long Island, right by the airport. I was visiting family in Jersey and will probably never be back to that airport and begged the cook for the recipe. He gave it to me, and I have been making it since. It reheats well, and my friends at work love it! It tastes better with farm fresh eggs, but cage-free are my second choice!
- Place eggs and salt, pepper, and half and half in blender and mix. You could hand beat, but I like it really fluffy.
- Place butter in large non-stick saute pan and add spinach on medium high heat. Stir just until limp and dark green. Decrease heat to medium-low.
- Space limp and dark green spinach evenly across pan, and carefully pour eggs over the top. Sprinkle with feta immediately and cover to cook omelet.
- Everyone has their own omelet technique, and basically you need to flip or turn the eggs when they turn slightly brown until cooked. To those who mess up in the omelet phase, have no fear, these taste great scrambled as well!
- I don't like brown on my omelet, so I lift edges and tilt pan to let the runny egg under to cook. When there is no more loose egg mixture, I then flip it and cook until it starts to brown a bit. Remove and eat!