Recipe by winkki
An usual but tasty flavor combination from the Austin Jr. League Cookbook...pecans are everywhere in central Texas so this is their own take on a more typical salad. :o)
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (good quality)
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut spinach into 1/2"x3" strips.
- Combine spinach, tomatoes, thyme, and 6 Tbsp olive oil in bowl; toss gently and season lightly with pepper, if desired.
- Cook pasta in boiling water 8 min, or al dente.
- Remove from heat (do not drain) and stir in zucchini; let stand 15-20 seconds.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; combine with spinach mixture and toss well.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil, if desired.
- Add feta and pecans; toss to mix and season with salt if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.