1/1 Photo of Feta, Spinach and Chicken Sausage Pizza
I found spinach, garlic, and feta chicken sausage at the store and thought it would be great on a pizza. I also had canned san marzano tomatoes so I decided to make my own marinara. You can substitute pre-made marinara to make it even easy. I also used whole wheat crust to make it healthier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 links chicken sausage
- 3 -4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can san marzano tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 store-bought whole wheat pizza crust
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Poke a few holes in the sausage and place in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat and come about half way up the sausage with the EVOO, balsamic, and chicken stock. Occasionally turn the sausages and cook until the liquid has reduced into a glaze. Slice the sausage and return the to pan to coat in the glaze.
- 3Meanwhile, sautee garlic in a little EVOO on medium low heat for about 1 minute. Make sure it doesn't turn brown. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste. You may need to add about a 1 tsp of tomato paste if the sauce is too thin. Let the sauce simmer until ready to use.
- 4Drizzle a little EVOO on the crust then spread the mariana. Top with chicken sausage, spinach, feta, and provolone. Bake about 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta, Spinach and Chicken Sausage Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (1400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.3
- Calories from Fat 622
- Total Fat 69.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 2773.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 53.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat pizza crusts