Recipe by Hey Jude
These yummy quesadillas are an interesting blend of Greek and Mexican flavors. They're quick and easy and make a nice appetizer for a BBQ party. Adapted from a Better Homes magazine. You could use 1/2 tsp. dried oregano in place of the fresh but I don't recommend it.
Top Review by it'scolleen
Ok I made some changes to this to make it low-cal. I've been dieting and have been craving some variety. WOW! It was sensational. I used fat free cream cheese, used 3 laughing cow wedges to replace the montery jack, and used no calorie Pam Olive Oil spray. Instead of folding it in half - I topped it with a 2nd tortilla and cut them in 4. I made this into two meals of 236 calories each! Thanks!!!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos (I used jarred roasted red pepper)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, feta cheese and oregano.
- Spread 1/4 of the filling onto one half of each tortilla; top with olives, pimiento and green onion; fold plain side over filling; press gently to seal edges.
- Grill filled tortillas on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or till golden brown and heated through.
- Cut each quesadilla into three wedges and serve warm.