Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
This crispy-shelled quiche is perfect for a picnic, party or whatever else you've got planned.
- 198.44 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 198.44 g yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry, frozen, just thawed, ready-rolled (29 x 29cm)
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 113.39 g feta, broken into large pieces
- 198.44 g prosciutto, slices halved lengthways
- fresh basil leaf, to serve
- mixed salad green, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Arrange the tomatoes, cut-side up, on the tray and lightly spray with olive oil spray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until tomatoes soften slightly.
- Meanwhile, line a 3.5cm deep, 22.5cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin, with removable base, with the pastry and trim any excess. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to rest.
- Cover the pastry base with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and pastry weights or rice.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 350°F
- Whisk together the cream, milk, egg, chives and basil in a large jug. Sprinkle the feta over the base of the pastry case. Pour over the egg mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until the quiche is just set.
- Top quiche with prosciutto and tomato. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the prosciutto is crisp.
- Top with basil leaves. Cut into slices and serve with salad leaves.