Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice in a salad, or eaten with crusty bread, even as a pizza topping..from a NZ cookbook
- Cut cheese into cubes.
- Peel onion and slice into thin rings.
- Place alternating layers of cheese, olives and onion rings in a medium sized jar.
- Add rosemary and olive oil.
- Seal the jar and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 weeks before serving.
- Cheese preserved like this will keep in the fridge approx 3 months.
- As you eat the cheese it can be replaced with fresh cubes.
- The oil absorbs all the wonderful flavours, so will make a delicious addition to any dressing.
This is outstanding. I made it exactly as directed. The flavors were all in harmony, and the fresh rosemary gave the oil a marvelous flavor. I served it over crisp iceburg lettuce, using a tiny bit of the oil as the dressing. This is definately a treasured recipe! Thanks for sharing it, Evie!
I made these a few months back. The flavors are great and the olive oil gets so much taste. Every part of this preserve can be used individually on salad, pasta, pizza and so much more...
these were wonderful - I used a sweet vedalia onion and ground minced garlic and a tsp of salt into the onion then layered lg. leaf basil on top of that then layered everything else.