Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
For the feta cheese lovers among us!!!! You can use the pickled peppers of your choice, pepperoncici or sweet red cherry. Cook time is actually chill time. Since this is a dip, serving size is an estimate.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup pickled pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- fresh black pepper
- Blend feta, cream cheese and mayonnaise in a food processor until smooth, scraping the sides of processor a couple of times to make sure it all gets blended.
- Put blend in bowl and fold in peppers, scallions, lemon zest and black pepper.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, you can drizzle with olive oil, if desired.
- This is good served with BBQ potato chips, toasted bread triangles -- whatever you like best!
Yummy! I wasn't sure if I'd like pickled peppers, and I love roasted peppers so that's what I used. They'd been roasted with garlic so my dip included some garlic as well! The combination of the first three ingredients provided a creamy dip, so much more more flavoursome than straight cream cheese dips. I always love a lemon flavouring and it was just pefect here. Thanks, Jellyqueen, for sharing another wonderful recipe!
Excellent dip and bagel schmear! I used a chopped onion (using one medium onion)instead of the scallions.
sooooooo good! Makes enough dip to fill two of the bowls pictured. Also good on a bagel! My lame grocery store didn't have scallions or the peppers suggested so I used 1/4 cup chopped onion and pickled red jalapenos.