Recipe by Skippy [BW]
These appetizers are light and can be made ahead of time then broiled before serving. -Vegetarian Times.
- 2 medium zucchini (cut into 3/4-inch thick slices)
- 2 roasted peppers, from jars, drained rinsed and chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop out centers of zucchini, leaving a 1/3-inch shell. steam for 4 minutes, or until tender. Set in baking pan.
- Toss red peppers, feta, mint and pine nuts in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler, spoon filling into zucchini cups, mounding slightly.
- Broil 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.