Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
A great marinated feta cheese cube(s) with all time wonderful coriander, peppercorns, capers, and bay leaves. Thyme also included on warm toasts. *Time* for cooking does not include marinate time.
Top Review by French Tart
I was SO busy adding bay leaves (for the Herb of the month in the French forum, yes, it is BAY!) to this recipe that I forgot the thyme!! LOL! I did not miss it when I ate this, but the excess feta cheese that I put in the fridge DID have a sprig of thyme added! Phew!! Absolutely delicious and devoured with olives and a slice of fresh toast for supper last night! I used ALL of the ingredients and I cannot wait to have the rest today or tomorrow! Merci Andi, made for BAY, as you will all know by now, the herb of the month in the French forum! FT:-)
- 12 ounces creamy feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 8 coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 bay leaf
- olive oil, to cover
- fresh thyme sprig
- hot toast
- chopped tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully cut feta into cubes.
- Add garlic slices, peppercorns, coriander seeds, capers, bay leaf to your food processor and pulse. (Or use a mortar and pestle and crush).
- Put feta in a jar with a top, or use a bowl to add all ingredients together.
- Layer ingredients starting with feta, ingredients, topping with Thyme sprigs on top.
- Pour enough olive oil to cover cubes of cheese.
- Let marinate in refrigerator for 2 weeks for optimal taste, however; even overnight can be used with good results.
- At end of marinating time, just simply pick out the feta.
- Serve with fresh toast points and some chopped fresh tomatoes and it will be ummm -- ummm -- good.