Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great marinated feta cheese cube(s) with all time wonderful coriander, peppercorns, capers, and bay leaves. Thyme also included on warm toasts. *Time* for cooking does not include marinate time.
- Carefully cut feta into cubes.
- Add garlic slices, peppercorns, coriander seeds, capers, bay leaf to your food processor and pulse. (Or use a mortar and pestle and crush).
- Put feta in a jar with a top, or use a bowl to add all ingredients together.
- Layer ingredients starting with feta, ingredients, topping with Thyme sprigs on top.
- Pour enough olive oil to cover cubes of cheese.
- Let marinate in refrigerator for 2 weeks for optimal taste, however; even overnight can be used with good results.
- At end of marinating time, just simply pick out the feta.
- Serve with fresh toast points and some chopped fresh tomatoes and it will be ummm -- ummm -- good.
I was SO busy adding bay leaves (for the Herb of the month in the French forum, yes, it is BAY!) to this recipe that I forgot the thyme!! LOL! I did not miss it when I ate this, but the excess feta cheese that I put in the fridge DID have a sprig of thyme added! Phew!! Absolutely delicious and devoured with olives and a slice of fresh toast for supper last night! I used ALL of the ingredients and I cannot wait to have the rest today or tomorrow! Merci Andi, made for BAY, as you will all know by now, the herb of the month in the French forum! FT:-)
Yum! I've just tried it after three days of marinating and already the flavors have blended beautifully. The olive oil plays a big part in the flavor so I think it's worth using a really good quality one.
Absolutely lovely! Simple to make, as well - this would be a perfect gift for a foodie. I can't wait until this has marinated long enough for us to try it on toast with ripe tomatoes. The only change I made was to use an organic extra virgin olive oil with herbs. Thanks so much for the recipe, Andi! And thanks breezermom for putting it in your Best of 2010 recipe book so I could tag it!