Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I made up this recipe one rainy sunday while I was watching Nascar and cleaning out the fridge. This is the first recipe I have submitted, I hope you like it.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, 3/4-inch thick (or whatever is on sale)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese (tomato basil feta works great)
- Combine flour, salt, pepper,and greek seasoning and set aside.
- Place steak in a ziplock freezer bag and pound until about half as thick. Slice against the grain about 1/2" thick, place back in freezer bag and coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med. heat. Add steak to heated oil until browned on both sides(8 to 10 min).
- Add tomatoes with liquid (scraping the good stuff of the bottom),bell peppers, onion, water, boullion cubes, garlic pepper, and basil and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- When the meat gets tender add Feta cheese. Cover again until feta is melted.
- Stir before serving, and pour over cooked fettucini.