Recipe by Mareesme
This different and refreshing recipe was given to me by a friend. Herb and feta quantities can be adjusted as you wish, but this is the basic recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (4-6 limes)
- 1⁄4 whole watermelon, approximately 8 C
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the chopped red onion in the lime juice while you are prepping the other ingredients.
- Remove rind from 1/4 whole watermelon and remove seeds. Cut into 1-1 1/2" cubes. Place in large serving bowl.
- Gently add chopped herbs, onion mixture and feta cheese.
- Chill and let rest 5-10 minutes, then gently mix again and serve. Salad will get soggy if kept overnight.