Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The lentils in this dish soak up the delicious flavours of cheese, lemon, garlic and cilantro.
- 7 ounces feta cheese, broken into chunks
- 8 ounces black lentils
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ounce cilantro, leaves only
- Simmer the lentils for 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain and dress with the olive oil, the lemon juice and garlic while still warm.
- Cool to room temperature then pile into a large serving dish and stir through the rest of the ingredients.
Absolutely delicious! I am going to make it for dinner again tomorrow! Best lentils recipe I ever tried.
This is a excellent recipe that does just like 'English Rose' says - provides a wonderful flavour. I cut the oil back to 1 tbsp and added 4 oz of feta instead of 7.