Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Baby red peppers stuffed with feta, ricotta and herbs, then baked in the oven. A great side dish to any meat dish or as one of several vegetarian dishes. Adapted from the January 2006 'Australian Good Taste' magazine.
Top Review by lucid501
I used regular red peppers for this, and slightly more ricotta than called for (because I ran low on feta). Even still, it was very good. It is something I would probably make again, as it seems pretty versatile. Thanks!
- 10 baby red peppers or 5 full-size red peppers, halved
- 150 g feta
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups watercress leaves, washed, dried, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, cut the tops off the baby red peppers and reserve (or halve the full-sized red peppers); using a small sharp knife, carefully remove the membrane and seeds and discard.
- Place the feta and ricotta in a bowl and using a fork mash them until they are well-combined; add the parsley, dill, lemon zest and garlic, and season with pepper to taste.
- Place the peppers in a lightly oiled roasting pan, divide the feta mixture among the red peppers and spoon it into the peppers, replace the tops, and drizzle the peppers with lemon juice and oil.
- Roast the peppers in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender. If you are using halved full-sized peppers, you may want to cover the pan loosely with foil for the first part of the roasting time.
- Transfer the peppers to a serving dish and garnish with watercress to serve.