Recipe by 54
i'm always looking for a quick and easy recipe for low-key, bring-a-dish-to-share-if-you-feel-like-it type parties. this one definitely works. all of the seasonings are to taste and can easily be swapped out for other things. a few notes: if you can't find strawberry tomatoes, any other bite-sized type will work just fine. add the garlic one clove at a time and taste after each addition. you can always add more if you like. if you can't find lemon olive oil, normal olive oil and lemon juice work nicely. lastly, if you can't get fresh herbs, try looking for flavored feta. failing that, i'm sure dried would be ok too.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagestrawberry tomatoes (about or 12-14 tomatoes)
- 1 (3 -4 ounce) package feta cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted (or not)
- basil leaves
- oregano leaves
- mint leaf
- lemon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- slice off tops of tomatoes and set aside. you'll want them later.
- remove the seedy, liquidy stuff from the tomatoes and discard.
- place hollowed out tomatoes upside down on paper towels to drain a bit.
- put feta, garlic and herbs in food processor and, um, process.
- slowly drizzle in oil until mixture is creamy and resembles frosting.
- turn off food processor and scoop cheese mixture into a pastry bag (or a plastic baggie, snip off a corner after it's filled).
- squeeze cheese mixture into a tomato (fill it with as much as will fit) and replace the top.
- repeat until either all of the tomatoes are filled or you are out of cheese. refrigerate until ready to serve.