Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Feta Dressing Feta is lower in fat than many other cheeses but still has plenty of flavor. Yields: 1/2 cup
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- to taste kosher salt
- to taste black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Process the feta, vinegar and oregano in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Then with the machine running, slowly pour the oil through the feed tube and process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with the salt and pepper.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
A very good dressing. I, too, doubled the recipe and used an immersion blender. I used a lesser amount of dried oregano since I never have fresh, and after tasting the finshed product I knew it would be too tart a flavor for my dear BF so I added 1 tablespoon of honey and blended again. That adds a nice subtly sweet edge. I haven't had this on a salad yet and am looking forward to that tomorrow.
This is an absolutely superb dressing! I doubled the recipe and used 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano instead of the fresh. I used an immersion blender (boat motor) as I do not have a food processor and it turned out great!