Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The combination of feta cheese and dill provides a melding of flavors so rich, this bread is a meal in its self. Is great with wine, cheeses or make a sandwich.
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup instant potato flakes or 1⁄3 cup instant mashed instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add the ingredients to a 1 1/2-or 2-pound bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Select the basic white bread cycle and desired color setting.
This has a great texture and attractive color, especially with the bits of dill speckling each slice. A nice soft bread, with a mild taste - surprisingly the feta is not very noticeable. But still quite delicious and very accurate. A good choice for a sandwich bread.
Very soft bread that is very rich and has a lot of flavor. Next time I will add more dill as I couldn't taste it but this is excellent.
This bread is one of the best I've ever made. I used tomato-basil feta cheese (a 4 oz. package) and I left out the potato flakes, but other than that I made no changes. The flavor of the feta came through very nicely, I thought.