1/1 Photo of Feta Custard in Phyllo Cups
This originally came from Better Homes & Gardens. These little guys were scarfed up in no time at a party I made them for. Everyone raved about them! I personally couldn't keep away from them and ate quite a few! :) The filling can also be mixed by hand if you don't have an electric mixer and don't mind a few small lumps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (2 1/8 ounce) packages miniature phyllo cups
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Combine cheeses, egg, lemon juice and flour with an electric mixer on medium speed until almost smooth.
- 2Place phyllo shells on a baking sheet.
- 3Spoon cheese mixture evenly into shells, using a heaping 1 teaspoon per shell.
- 4Bake for 15-17 minutes or until shells are lightly browned and crisp, and filling is very lightly browned (I do mean very!).
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together olives, oregano, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, cumin and cayenne.
- 6Sprinkle olive mixture evenly over tops of baked custard.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta Custard in Phyllo Cups
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 92.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g