Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is a quick , easy summer side dish
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 ears corn, kernels removed (or 1 1/2 c frozen corn)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped--ot to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground pepper
- heat skillet on stovetop.
- add olive oil, onions, garlic, cook until softened.
- add corn and rosemary and stir.
- add stock and simmer until corn is tender, 5 minutes.
- add heavy cream, bring to a boil and cook until reduced by 1/3.
- remove from heat.
- stir in feta and butter until creamy.
- season with fresh ground pepper, serve.
I believe I doubled the recipe-I added 1 lb. of frozen kernels, and doubled all of the ingredients, except I had a 6 oz. tub of feta, so didn't quite double the feta. My DH and I liked this very much, but alas-too much of a different taste for my young DS's so they didn't care for it. I expected that this would have been much richer than it was, but the feta gave this an interesting bite. Thanks chia!
This is fantastic, chia. It even worked with a lowered fat content (2 tsp olive oil, no butter, fat free half & half, 2 oz feta). I was glad the store had fresh corn on the cob (yum!), but they didn't have any fresh rosemary so I used dried. I'm really pleased with this dish-- thanks for posting. -- posted May 4, 2005 UPDATE: Just adding that I've just had leftovers of this corn, and it reheats really well, which means it would make a great make-ahead dish.
Excellant! Will definately be a regular in my house.