Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A favourite summer salad in our home.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat broth until boiling and stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let it stand for five minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and fluff couscous with with and let cool for ten minutes.
- Add feta, cucumber, tomato, pepper, green onion and fresh basil.
- Prepare the dressing. Combine vinegar, oil, garlic and sugar.
- Pour dressing over couscous and vegetables and add salt and pepper to taste.
Wonderful! Though I'm rating it during the wintertime, it really is a salad that should be enjoyed in the summer with garden-fresh veggies. Yummo!