Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You'll love these easy Greek muffins that make terrific accompaniments to salads and soups. Taken from the "Quick and Healthy Low Fat Cooking" cookbook.
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick spray.
- Place the onions in a small bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg, honey and oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, cumin, pepper, coriander, oregano and baking powder.
- Stir in the feta and onions.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture over the flour mixture.
- Mix with a rubber spatula until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.