You'll love these easy Greek muffins that make terrific accompaniments to salads and soups. Taken from the "Quick and Healthy Low Fat Cooking" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick spray.
- 2Place the onions in a small bowl.
- 3Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg, honey and oil.
- 5In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, cumin, pepper, coriander, oregano and baking powder.
- 6Stir in the feta and onions.
- 7Pour the buttermilk mixture over the flour mixture.
- 8Mix with a rubber spatula until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- 9Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- 10Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (849 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g