Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You'll love these easy Greek muffins that make terrific accompaniments to salads and soups. Taken from the "Quick and Healthy Low Fat Cooking" cookbook.
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick spray.
- Place the onions in a small bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg, honey and oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, cumin, pepper, coriander, oregano and baking powder.
- Stir in the feta and onions.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture over the flour mixture.
- Mix with a rubber spatula until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.