Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Real Simple.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (4)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a roasting pan. Remove the zest from the lemon in thin strips; set aside.
- Thinly slice the lemon. Place half the slices in the pan. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Place it on top of the lemon slices and season with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice each half into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons.
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, parsley, pepper, and the remaining oil, lemon slices, and salt; toss.
- Spread the zucchini mixture around the chicken and sprinkle the Feta over the top. Roast until the chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer it to a cutting board and cut each piece into thirds. Divide the chicken, zucchini mixture, and lemons among individual plates and sprinkle with the zest.
Very nice flavors. A few suggestions: 1) increase cook time by at least 10 minutes, 2) foil the dish for the first 20 -25 minutes so that the Feta does not "brown" (remove foil for the last 10 minutes. Hold the lemon zest at the end. Really nice meal. Thanks