Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple ingredients and the addition of feta cheese make this salad unique.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 large celery ribs, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In a serving bowl, mix together the chicken, celery and red onion. In a separate bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, feta cheese, and dill. Pour over the chicken mixture and stir to blend.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Delicious! The best chicken salad I've had in a long time -- might even be the best ever. I used fresh dill, fat free sour cream, and a tomato/basil feta because that's what I had. Perfect! Thanks so much for a great recipe.
This was served for lunch on top of spring mix greens with fresh tomatoes on the side. Greek style yogurt was used in place of the sour cream. Neither the mayo or yogurt were measured, they were added to what seemed the proper consistency. Made for *ZWT 2009*
This is by far one of the best Chicken Salad's I've ever had! I had to substitute green bell pepper for the red, but otherwise I made it exactly as posted. It is a very unique tasting chicken salad that I'll make again. Thanks for sharing!