Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chicken breast baked with seasoned feta cheese and lemon juice. When it's done baking and some extra color on top with red pepper and fresh parsley.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese with dried basil and tomato, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Drizzle with half of the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with feta cheese and the remaining lemon juice.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with red pepper and parsley.
This was a very tasty recipe and it could not have been easier or quicker to prepare. The seasoned feta gave it a nice pesto like flavor. It was a little on the bland side for my taste, so I added some Cavender's Greek Seasoning. Next time I think I will top it with a little chopped onion and fresh roma tomato. Thanks for the recipe!
We really enjoyed this! I served them on pita bread, and it made for a quite filling meal. For ZWT9
This took no time to throw together for dinner tonight! It is fresh-tasting and looks so nice with the bright red pepper and the green parsley garnishing it. Served this with Recipe #384111 for a great dinner for ZWT6. Thanks Charlotte J! :)