Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup red bell peppers or 2⁄3 cup green bell pepper, sliced into strips (or both)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, vertically sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine 1st four ingredients in shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over med-hi heat.
- Add chicken, brown; cook until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
- Add bell pepper,,onion, and vinegar to pan; cook 5 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Remove from pan, place in bowl stir in 2-3 TBLS feta cheese.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover; Cook over low heat 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Divide the veggies evenly beteween 2 plates and top each serving with chicken.
This was so fast and easy, and was delicious. Next time I'll omit the salt, since mine came out a little too salty. However, that may have been because I used reduced-fat feta. This will definitely be on regular rotation!