Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From SouthernLiving Prep time includes chill time
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) containercrumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- cucumber, slices
- grape tomatoes
- kalamata olive
- whole almond
- Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover mixture tightly, and chill at least 1 hour or until firm (can chill up to 3 days).
- Roll cheese mixture into 3/4-inch-round balls. Roll each ball in parsley. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve with cucumber slices, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, and whole almonds.
These were absolutely fabulous! I rolled some in parsley and some in crushed walnuts for those who don't like parsley. I added a tablespoon of parmesan cheese and a dash of tabasco as suggested by Zurie and they were delicious. Note that if you increase the cream cheese this makes a great dip for veggies or crackers.
Made these as an appetizer at our 4th of July barbeque as directed. A nice, different appy that was enjoyed by all the adults, though not so much by the kids (though that I expected) So easy to put together and I was happy that I could mix it up the day before and then just roll before sitting out. The only thing I might to a little different next time is maybe roll in pecan chips as the parsley was kind of messy when eating. It certainly made for a different appy from the usual chip and dips and really not a lot more work. Thanks so much for posting.
I rolled perhaps half of these into balls and left the rest as a spread - that was easier to take to work to use as tasty spread for my veggies. I particularly appreciate that I usually have these ingredients around. I did add a touch of Tabasco.