Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and tasty combined with middle eastern and Mediterranean flavors.
- 4 arabic style pita bread (pocket)
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 118.32 ml tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 473.18 ml feta cheese
- 10-12 pitted green olives, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- za'atar spice mix (optional)
- garlic powder
- Place each pita on large cookie sheet.
- Brush both sides with olive oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of tahini on each pita.
- Then top with generous amounts of Feta cheese (French Feta is the best). Top each with olives and tomato slices.
- Top with Zatar which is a thyme and sesame seed spice found at most middle eastern markets. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake in oven at 350°F until cheese is almost brown and bread is lightly crisp.
Unique, flavorful combination - love the Za'atar on the tomatoes.
I had been on the look out for a different topping to my pizza base, instead of the usual pizza toppings, with the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese etc. This was something I had to try when I upon it. It turned out ok. i need to tweak the recipe as i found it a bit bland. Laced punch.. I blended the feta with the tahini sauce, red chilli flakes and garlic. Topped with zaater, tomato slices and red / yellow capsicum.
All great flavors in this pizza. The za'atar is really good on it, I wouldn't leave it out (or at least sub thyme, oregano and sesame seeds). We couldn't taste the tahini as much as we thought we would be able to for the amount added. Used less feta (maybe 1/4 the amount) and topped the pizza with raw heirloom tomatoes, so they would retain more of their taste. Made for a nice meal!