Recipe by Bergy
Here is a healthy dish just bursting with iron and it is low fat & low calorie
Top Review by MollyJ
This was amazing. I bought some kale produced locally and decided to make this. I did blanch the kale and found it easy to do. I just used my metal colander and put the colander in the kale in the hot water and then pulled out the colander and cooled it. Feta cheese was a nice foil for this vegetable but really all of the flavors together were wonderful. A definite do over for this healthy veggie.
- 1 lb kale, washed & stems discarded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Put in the kale and cook 2 minutes (it should be bright green), drain immediately, put under cold water.
- Coarsely chop the Kale.
- In the same pan heat the oil and cook the garlic and onions for about 4 minutes until the onions are clear and the garlic is golden.
- Add a tbsp of water as you are cooking them and it will steam the onions and keep them soft.
- Add kale, salt, pepper half of the feta cheese and the broth.
- Stir and heat through.
- Crumble the remaining feta cheese over the veggies just before serving.