Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Tyler Florence special holiday recipe. I buy a large container of crumbled feta at Costco and am always looking for interesting ways to use it before "the date expires". This works for me!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted & finely chopped
- In a 2 quart saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and stir in the flour, making a paste.
- Whisk in the milk, lower the heat and simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Fold in the crumbled feta, scallions and parsley.
- Season it with salt and a little cracked pepper.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts on top.
- Serve in a fondue pot or over a candle warmer.
- Tyler's dipping suggestions: bites of crusty bread, melon, pitted olives or prosciutto.
- A holiday hit!