1/1 Photo of Feta Cheese Dip - Middle Eastern Style
Nana Lee's Note:
From Saad Fayed, Feta cheese is most often associated with Greek cooking. However, it is the most popular of cheeses eaten in the Middle East! Feta absorbs the flavors of herbs and spices very well, and has an ideal consistency for many dishes. This dip is served with pita bread wedges or crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble and mash feta cheese with a fork with oils and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- 2Serve with toasted pita wedges or crackers.
- 4Many herbs and spices can be added to this recipe for a "kick".
- 5Try adding a teaspoon of dill, oregano, garlic powder, or another herb or spice.
- 6For spicier spices like cumin or caraway, start off with 1/8 teaspoon and increase according to taste.
Browse Our Top Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta Cheese Dip - Middle Eastern Style
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.9
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 447.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g