Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Saad Fayed, Feta cheese is most often associated with Greek cooking. However, it is the most popular of cheeses eaten in the Middle East! Feta absorbs the flavors of herbs and spices very well, and has an ideal consistency for many dishes. This dip is served with pita bread wedges or crackers.
- Crumble and mash feta cheese with a fork with oils and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with toasted pita wedges or crackers.
- Many herbs and spices can be added to this recipe for a "kick".
- Try adding a teaspoon of dill, oregano, garlic powder, or another herb or spice.
- For spicier spices like cumin or caraway, start off with 1/8 teaspoon and increase according to taste.
Absolutely great recipe...My boyfriend is Egyptian and he really enjoyed this dip, so did I. I added ground red pepper and minced garlic since I love garlic.
Absolutley delicious!! We all really loved this. I did add about two tablespoons more lemon though. Served it with flatbread and it was gone in minutes!