Recipe by Acerast
We love this combination of pungent flavors. The original version was submitted by Kelly O'Rourke on allrecipes.com however I lightened it a bit by using reduced fat cream cheese, less oil and then added our preferred amounts of seasonings. Allow at least 2 hours for chilling time.
Top Review by winkki
I made this when Riff and Kirstin in the 'Couv came to visit, to go with sausage and crackers. The flavor was great. I did add a dash of lemon juice and skipped the dill. It was a bit too soft to hold shape much so I might try using half neufchatel and half regular cream cheese next time. But I loved the flavor and am definitely keeping it bookmarked. Thanks so much for posting!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese, softened (reduced fat cream cheese)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- With an electric mixer or food processor, combine the cream cheese, feta cheese, olive oil, green onions and garlic.
- Season with dill, oregano and cracked black pepper; mix well.
- Form into 2 balls or place in a decorative bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours to allow it to become firm and for flavors to blend.
- Enjoy on vegetable sticks, assorted crackers, bread sticks, or toasted pita triangles or baguette rounds.