1/1 Photo of Feta Cheese and Scallion Muffins With Rosemary
These muffins are a nice savoury version of the old classic. They have a mediterranian edge to them and go great with soups and stews. If you like, experiment with the type of cheese used (goats cheese would be nice, too) and adjust the herbs and spices to your liking. This recipe is very flexible, so have fun. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 280 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 generous dashes ground chili peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or use 1 fresh clove, chopped)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 -4 scallions, sliced
- 150 g feta cheese, diced (or try goats cheese)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250 g plain yogurt (or try buttermilk)
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1In a big bowl combine all of the dry ingredients. Add the scallion slices and the feta cheese. Toss to combine.
- 2In a second bowl combine eggs, oil and yogurt.
- 3Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- 4Fill into prepared muffin tins and bake in the preheated oven at 180° C/350°F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 5Enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta Cheese and Scallion Muffins With Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (1016 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 277.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g