Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from today's Weekend magazine. Did you know that Feta is quite a versatile cheese. Apart from the classic Greek salad you can add it to other salads, cooked rice or tomato-based pastas or use it as a filling for omelettes, or as a filling for baked potatoes, or in tomato or cucumber sandwiches or simply serve it as a table cheese accompanied by olives, garlic bread and grilled vegetables.
- 2 cups dried figs (about 20)
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, rind of finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix well.