Recipe by Hey Jude
I got the idea for this recipe from an Athenos feta cheese ad. It's easy, really tasty and everyone in my family loves it. Good after-work recipe for the working people out there.
- 4 beef cube steaks
- 1 (4 ounce) containercrumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can diced tomato, do not drain
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cubed steaks between plastic wrap and whack with a meat hammer to thin the thicker spots, don't whack too hard or you'll shred the meat.
- Divide the cheese, put along the meat, on a long side, then roll up and close the seams with toothpicks.
- You can tuck in the ends and close those with toothpicks as well.
- Heat the oil, over medium high heat, in a skillet that has a lid.
- Add the rolls and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Don't worry about any cheese that leaks out, it will add to the sauce.
- Add tomatoes and minced garlic, stir it around a little.
- When mixture bubbles, turn down to medium, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until beef is no longer pink.
- Serve this with cooked white rice, a tossed green salad and maybe some rolls (if you're really hungry) and you won't be sorry.