Recipe by DailyInspiration
Sounds so healthy and delicious! A Middle Eastern version of nachos, but far more healthy for you. You can purchase Italian or Middle-Eastern style flatbread for this dish.
- flat bread, broken into large pieces (use 4 pieces of Italian or Middle-Eastern style flatbread)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 20 black olives, pitted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 bunches watercress
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lay the flatbread on a large baking sheet, sprinkle the crumbled feta on top and bake for 2-3 minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together and season with black pepper to taste.
- Place the chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, parsley, pine nuts and watercress ingredients in another bowl, pour the dressing over them and toss lightly together. Layer the salad with the flatbread and serve.