I just made this for my brunch.
Make and share this Feta/Bacon Scrambled Eggs for 1 recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the butter in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp and brown.
- Add the onion and cook for about 1 minute more.
- Whisk the eggs and sour cream together and add to the pan.
- Allow to set a little before stirring gently to allow the runny mix underneath the set egg.
- When almost set, but still creamy, add the crumbled feta and cook to melt (about 30 seconds is enough).
- Season with plenty of black pepper and serve at once over hot toast or a croissant.
I thought this was a terrific recipe. I really enjoyed the eggs prepared this way. I have never cooked bacon in butter before, it tasted deliicous and crispy. The addition of the sour cream in the scrambled eggs, made them rich and creamy. I also enjoyed the greek feta and the fresh ground pepper, they made the dish sing. Made exactly as written but used sweet vidalia onion, didn't have any green onions left, they worked well in this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
I love feta cheese, so that is why I picked this recipe. This was very easy to make. The eggs are very tender, so it was a little harder to make this omelet style. Thanks for the recipe. Made for Peppercorns ~ Black Pepper Recipe Tag
Made this as a quick breakfast for my hubby for his bday this morning before he left for work. He didn't have time, so I wrapped it in a flour tortilla to make a breakfast burrito, and it worked perfectly like this. Threw some garlic salt in with the pepper too, yum! Definitely not your healthiest breakfast as the eggs are cooked in the bacon grease, but delicious nonetheless!