Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A very elegant side dish!
Make and share this Feta-Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Place asparagus in 1/2 inch water in lg skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In small skillet, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Place asparagus on plate.
- Top with onions and feta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
It's that time of year again for enjoying fresh asparagus! I'm so glad I started with this recipe! This was so delicious and very easy to prepare! It looked so nice on the table I couldn't wait to eat! the feta and red onion make nice additions to the great dish! Thanks for sharing, Nez!
This is a true 5 star recipe. We loved it. I steamed the asparagus for about 4 minutes - still crunchy, cooked the onions very slowly until they were golden. I used cubed herb feta. A very lovely way to serve asparagus. Definitely a do again recipe
We loved this! I used goat cheese instead of Feta as that is all I had...next time I think I will saute the onions first...