Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very refreshing salad!
- 1⁄4 medium sized watermelon
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Cut twelve rounds of watermelon so that wedges are 1/2 inch thick, remove rind.
- In a medium bowl, combine the feta, parsley, black pepper and olive oil. toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle watermelon wedges with the feta mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Wasn't sure if I would like this combo and I really loved the sweet and salty contrasting flavors!! Kinda like having popcorn and chocolate. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT6.
Can hardly believe that I made a salad with melon AND fe6a, but . . . I did ~ Very, very tasty salad, it was, too! I'm with Rita when she says that the salty tang of the feta & the sweetness of the melon make for a wonderful combo! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Greece with ZWT6]
This is our favourite way to eat watermelon (shhhhh...but we eat canteloupe this way, too ;-) ). Thanks for posting.