Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from September issue of SELF magazine...just a little lower in fat and calories than the original.
- 10 ounces chicken breasts
- 2 ounces fat free feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice chicken breast almost in half, horizontally, and open like a book.
- Combine cheese and spinach and place inside chicken breast; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roll chicken breast into tight log and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat olive oil in ovenproof skillet; brown breasts evenly for 10 minutes total.
- Add artichoke hearts, olives, and vinegar; cook for two minutes or until vinegar evaporates; add chicken broth.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminium foil; place in oven and cook for about 12 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven; slice chicken into 1/2 inch thick slices and divide dish upon two plates.