Recipe by English_Rose
This flavorful frittata is perfect for a light and easy family lunch. Or serve with sauteed potatoes and green beans for a more substantial dinner. This frittata is also delicious served with roasted vine tomatoes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This frittata made for a great breakfast the other day (colorful & tasty, too) & had enough for a lunch for 2, as well! I was unsuccessfully encouraged to include some other things, but since I wanted to make it as given, to see how it was supposed to taste . . . And it was great, as I said! Definitely a keepeer of a recipe! [Made & reviewed while touring Greece with ZWT6]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- 7 ounces feta, cubed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the peppers and cook over a medium heat for 15 mins until softened and lightly coloured. Scatter over the feta.
- Combine the eggs, cream and herbs, then season well. Pour over the pepper mixture, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 mins until just set. Cook the top under a pre-heated broiler for 5 mins until just golden. Cut into thick wedges and serve.