Recipe by zeldaz51
Good with grilled meats or poultry, or grilled eggplant, summer squash, and onions.From "The Splendid Grain", by Rebecca Wood.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup long grain brown rice, well-rinsed
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup cumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, saute 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the stock, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let pan stand, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, fluff the rice and toss in the feta, mint, and orange zest just to combine. Serve hot or at room temperature.